February is near, the time to show your loved one’s you really care. We made these cardboard embroidered hearts in preparation for Valentine’s Day! We use recycled cardboard in a lot of our crafts. This craft was really fun, and accessible for kids to complete entirely on their own. The thumbprint in the middle makes it the perfect keepsake.
Cardboard Embroidered Hearts
- Cut two hearts out of the recycled cardboard, one small and one large.
- Hole punch around the circumference of both hearts.
- Press the child’s thumb on the ink pad. Stamp the thumb twice to make a heart. Let dry.
- Tie the yarn in a knot on one of the holes.
- Have your child embroider the yarn through the holes, making sure to weave between both hearts to attach them. Knot the end in another hole.
This craft is great for introducing children to sewing and embroidery, and practicing fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Are you looking for printable valentines to share with your nature-loving friends? Our printable Nature Valentine’s Day Cards are available here!