Today was the Harvest Moon! We made a moon mobile out of salt dough and pressed flowers. Salt dough is one of our favorite crafts because it can be used in so many different ways, and it is really easy to make!
Salt Dough Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all of the salt dough ingredients into a bowl. If the dough is sticky, add more flour.
- Knead the dough until it turns into a moldable dough.
- Use a cup or cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles. Form into moon phase shapes.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes into the tops of the moons.
- Bake at 250 degrees until hard.
- Let cool.
- Glue pressed flowers onto the moons.
- Tie strings on the moons and onto the stick.
- Tie rope on both ends of the stick.