As part of our holiday and seasonal traditions, we make a beeswax candle to celebrate. This season we made apple candles! In the past we’ve made seashell candles, walnut candles, pumpkin candles, and orange peel candles. This would be a great craft to do after apple picking in fall.
Warning: these candles are decorative and must be supervised at all times if burned.
- Carve a small bowl shape out of an apple. I used a spoon to scoop out a little bowl.
- Boil water in a pot, then add beeswax to your double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use any stainless steel bowl. Be very careful removing it as to not let water in or burn yourself.
- Put a wick in your apple. Prop it up so it doesn’t fall in.
- Once the beeswax is melted, pour into your apple.
- Let harden.
- Light under direct supervision only.