These handmade beeswax birthday candles are so special, and are the perfect keepsake to remember your child’s birthday. These use the same mold as the Beeswax Letters that I’ve shared in the past. The possibilities are endless when it comes to using beeswax and silicone molds. These are a great eco-friendly alternative to resin, and you can support your local beekeeper in the process! Waldorf has allowed us to create so many beautiful traditions surrounding their birthday. Every year I also make a set of Waldorf Birthday Crowns and a Waldorf Birthday Ring. If you are celebrating a first birthday, I think it would be beautiful to press a sentimental flower, such as a bouquet you were given when the baby was born. It will be captured in the wax and preserved forever.
Letter and Number Silicone Mold
- Boil water, add beeswax to your double boiler.
- Arrange flowers and leaves into your mold.
- When the wax is completely melted, pour into the mold over the flowers.
- Let cool completely. Do not move it from the counter, your leaves will shift and no longer be visible.
- Pop them out, and you’re done!